Frequently Asked Questions
At Hirepool Vehicle Rentals we want to make the process of hiring a vehicle as easy as possible. Here is some general information to help you out.
Our rates include:
- Daily rental (24hour period)
- GST (Goods & Services tax)
- Unlimited kilometres (unless otherwise specified)
- For North Island car rentals we can offer free pickup/delivery to accommodation, transport terminals and businesses within main city CBD areas where we are located and within normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8.00am – 5.00pm). Outside these hours will incur a delivery fee.
- For pickup and dropoff to Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin Airports an airport fee will apply. Please enquire to confirm.
For our branch hours please see our branch locations.
We are available for after hours service.
Even though our rentals fleet is subject to availability we will always do our best to provide your preferred vehicle or an equally acceptable alternative. Please note pictures are an example of what is available in each vehicle group.
The minimum rental age is 21 years. All intended drivers must present a valid full New Zealand or Overseas Drivers License at the time of rental. There is no charge for additional drivers.
Heavy Trade License is required for some trucks.
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance (including third party and public liability) is included in our rates. An accident damage excess does apply as listed on the Rates pages. This excess may be reduced by purchasing an optional Excess Reduction Insurance at the time of rental. Please ask for full details.
We provide a full tank of fuel at the commencement of each rental for all vehicle rentals. We request you return the vehicle with a full tank. Where this is not convenient we will refill the tank and on charge to you.
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Bankcard, Mastercard, Amex), EFTPOS, cash and approved company orders. All rentals are subject to a refundable bond.
One Way Rentals
We can offer one way vehicle rentals for your convenience but these are done by request and will be subject to a one way fee. Please contact your local branch to discuss or send us a message via our contact us form.
We provide a full range of optional equipment including, luggage trailers and snow chains. Individual requirements are catered for so please ask.
Terms and Conditions
All rentals are subject to both our booking terms and conditions and our rental agreement terms and conditions. You can also view them here.
If you have any questions please contact your nearest branch.